Learn about Publix Money Order such as the store’s Fees, Working Hours, Policies, Limits, etc.
You must have heard about retail giants like Walmart, Aldi, Meijer, Food Lions, and Albertsons if you live in the US. But have you heard about Publix? Maybe not unless you live in the southern states.
- 1 Publix Money Order Policies
- 2 What To Do If You Bought A Publix MOney Order But Do Not Need It Any Longer?
- 3 Where to Cash Publix Money Orders
- 4 Summary: About Publix Money Order
Publix is a regional grocery chain that is found all through the Southeastern United States. This company has been around since 1930 and has more than 1252 store outlets in Alabama, Virginia, Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Florida. Among all the states, Florida has the maximum number of Publix store locations.
In addition to being a grocery retail store, Publix also offers financial services like check cashing, money orders, fax services, getting cashback with a check, lotto tickets, coin-counting machines, sell stamps, gift cards, and ATMs for withdrawing cash.
Also Read: Albertsons Money Order Details
Publix Money Order Policies
Publix allows buying money orders, but you cannot cash a money order there. Listed below are some information that will be helpful for those who want to utilize the money order service of Publix:
Type of money order Publix sells
All outlets of Publix sell money orders from Western Union.
Limit of money order amount
You can buy a money order from Publix with a maximum value of 500 USD. So if you need a 1000 USD money order, then you need to buy two Publix money orders worth 500 USD. There are some stores that let you buy a single money order which is above the value of 1000 USD, but in this case, you would need to produce any ID issued by the government.
Publix fees are within 1 USD, and its charges are between 0.85 USD to 0.99 USD. The fees have to be paid through any of the payment methods which are approved by Publix.
Buying a money order by Publix
To buy a Publix money order:
- Visit any of its store locations during its business hours which are 7 AM to 10 PM. They are open seven days a week with the weekend hours. Some of the locations might have different operating hours, so you might need to check that before going there.
- You can purchase the money order directly from the customer service desk at the store.
- All Publix supermarkets have customer service desks that offer services related to money, such as coin-counting machines, ATMs for withdrawal, etc.
- Purchasing money order is simple as there are no rules or regulations around it. You just have to visit the customer service desk and request a money order.
Cashing a Publix Money Order
Publix outlets do not allow encashing of Publix money orders.
Availability of Publix Money Orders
Public money orders are available at all the store locations of Publix except for GreeWise markets.
How to pay for money orders
Money orders can be bought via many methods like cash, debit card, or prepaid debit cards. Publix does not accept checks, credit cards, or gift cards. The forms of payment are limited by Publix so that any kind of fraud can be avoided and also to eliminate processing fees.
Refund of money orders
Publix does not accept a refund of money orders.
What To Do If You Bought A Publix MOney Order But Do Not Need It Any Longer?
Since Publix does not allow refund of money orders, you must be wondering how to get back your money in case you purchased a money order which is no longer needed. There is a workaround in that case. Western Union Bank issues and processes the Publix money orders. Hence if you are stuck with a Publix money order which you do not want, then you can request Western Union for a refund. But do note that Western Union refunds come with a charge and are not free. There is a processing fee involved ranging from 15 USD to 30 USD for getting a money order refund. If your money order value is large, then this fee might be worth going for a refund.
Where to Cash Publix Money Orders
Here is a list of some of the places where you can cash money orders:
- ACE Cash Express – There is no maximum value of the money order which can be cashed, and it charges a fee of around 3%.
- Check Into Cash – The maximum value of a money order varies by location, and the fees charged are between 3% to 5%.
- USPS – There is no maximum limit of money order value, but some paperwork would be needed if you want to cash a value of more than 10,000 USD.
- Walmart – The maximum value you can encash here is 5000 USD, and the fees are 3 USD for up to 1000 USD and 6 USD for 1000 to 5000 USD.
Also Read: Best Places to get Money Order Near You
Summary: About Publix Money Order
You can only buy money orders at a Publix store but can not encash them. For cashing a money order, you can visit any of the outlets explained in this article and remember to carry a valid photo ID when you go for cashing your money order.