This article will guide you through a complete android versions list from A to Z.
The most commonly found choice of an operating system in the world has been Android. The reasonable price clubbed with the new attractive features in every new android gadgets acts as a strong incentive for convincing people to choose it over Apple or other systems.
Beginning its journey in 2008 and ruling the market today, it allows users to choose their own level of customization. Any transition on the gadget can be easily performed without any hesitations. If you want to change the software that came with your Android device, you can do so by replacing the software with a custom ROM. There are a variety of Android smartphones available such as Samsung, Huawei, Motorola and many more.
With the facilities provided by android, the user would not only enjoy the specific features it promises to provide but also, the multiple apps and games that come free of cost. All the versions of android are mentioned for your understanding and knowledge:-
- 1 Android versions list A to Z:
- 2 Android Cupcake
- 3 Android Donut
- 4 Android Éclair
- 5 Android Froyo
- 6 Android Gingerbread
- 7 Android Honeycomb
- 8 Android Ice cream sandwich
- 9 Android Jelly Bean
- 10 Android Kitkat
- 11 ANDROID LOLLIPOP
- 12 Android Marshmallow
- 13 Android Nougat
- 14 Android Oreo
- 15 Android Pie
- 16 Android 10.0
- 17 Conclusion
Android versions list A to Z:
- Android 1.5: Android Cupcake
- Android 1.6: Android Donut
- Android 2.0: Android Éclair
- Android 2.2: Android Froyo
- Android 2.3: Android Gingerbread
- Android 3.0: Android Honeycomb
- Android 4.0: Android Ice Cream Sandwich
- Android 4.1 to 4.3.1: Android Jelly Bean
- Android 4.4 to 4.4.4: Android KitKat
- Android 5.0 to 5.1.1: Android Lollipop
- Android 6.0 to 6.0.1: Android Marshmallow
- Android 7.0 to 7.1: Android Nougat
- Android 8.0 to Android 8.1: Android Oreo
- Android 9.0: Android Pie
- Android 10.0
– The third version of Android development by Google, Android Cupcake is one of the major platforms to release deployable to android powered handsets. Also known as Android 1.5, the device included additional new features such as on screen keyboard and Bluetooth support. There were UI changes for application managements and Google apps.
– The fourth version of the android mobile operating system, Android donut is developed by Google. The good support for CDMA smartphones, big screen size and battery usage were the prominent features of the device.
– The name itself is actually a code, Android éclair is an android mobile operating system created by Google. A fifth operating system was initiated before however, it was unable to support the new upcoming technology and versions of devices.
– One of the prominent changes in the froyo release was USB tethering and Wifi hotspot functionality while it also gave support for the android cloud to device messaging services. A sixth version of android is a codename of the android mobile operating system created by Google.
– Also named the Android 2.3, this gingerbread is the seventh version of Android. It introduced support for near field communication used in mobile payment solutions. The device also had a session initiation protocol used in VoIP internet telephones.
– Formed for devices with larger screen sizes such as tablets, Honeycomb was the eighth version of Android which debuted with Motorola Xoom. There were new features introduced however, they were no longer supported as newer versions had arrived.
Android Ice cream sandwich
– Android ice cream sandwich is the ninth version of Android mobile operating system developed by Google. In an effort to create a common platform for smart phones and tablets, Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread was produced. With features such as lock screen, visual voicemail support, face recognitions such features were highly appreciated.
Android Jelly Bean
– With the focus of giving an improved platform’s user interface, the android Jelly Bean was created. The criteria of the work were optimization of the operating system’s visual performance and responsiveness through various changes. With good inputs and effort, the device did get a good release and recognition initially.
– The main objective of Android 4.4 was to optimize the platform for better performance on low-end devices, without compromising its overall capabilities and functionality.
– The release of Android lollipop was taken up seriously and positively. The device was believed to bring new features for users and new APIs for developers. There is extension of devices on which it functions which includes phones, tablets, wearables, TVs etc.
– Ideal for smarter batteries and better control and security, Android marshmallow also known as Android 6.0 is considered to be the smartest shortcut giving you a greater control for more peace of mind.
– With an update of features such as emoji and languages. High on performance, productivity and security (in comparison to other devices). It allows easy clearing of apps in multitasking, third party quick settings as well as quick app switching.
– With the remembrance of one’s login to get into the apps at supersonic speed, the allowance of two apps at once with super strength and laser vision along with special notifications makes Android Oreo an effective device, however; the codename for the operating system requires improvement.
– Android pie is a mobile operating system that was created by Google. The features of the device create an adaptive battery system that requires a single charge. It provides adaptive brightness which is automatically adjusted.
– A new way to control privacy, customizing phone as well as providing endless features, Android 10.0 is very effective and efficient that is able to deliver results easily. The critics, as well as the users, have been satisfied with the device.
Many of the android versions mentioned above have been used even today. However, there seems to be one of the options that have gained maximum popularity which is Android 10.0. Coming at an affordable price, the device is worth consideration as the package it is providing is filled with required features. Android has definitely made a huge market for themselves due to the word of mouth going around their products which may not have disappointed a big population.